background

Monday, August 01, 2011

Book Review: The Final Summit

Although I have not read the prequel to this book, The Traveler's Gift... and a little unsure of this book at first, as I don't claim to be a history buff...the author took me in and held me in his grasp until the end! Andy Andrews is a master story-teller.
David Ponder's wife wife of 28 years is dead. And along with her went his will to live. (This was especially poignant as a friend of mine very recently lost his wife - I found myself seeing my friend in the character of David Ponder. The archangel Gabriel has chosen David Ponder to find the one principle that will save humanity. In the process...he meets travelers..A few of the historical characters include Winston Churchill, Abraham Lincoln, Joan of Arc and Eric Erickson. I don't want to spoil the message that finally comes in the end, but I will say that it is quite simple. The book provides so much food for thought that I'm sure will find this to be a book that will challenge as well as entertain, a rare combination. I highly recommend this book...as you perhaps gain some tips to "work out your own salvation."

1 comment:

Mrs. Mac said...

Sounds like a good read Deb! 28 years is a long time to lose your will to live. I'm sure the book had a good ending. Maybe I'll have to check it out.