background

Monday, April 04, 2011

Book Review: REGGIE by Reggie Dabbs with John Driver

Reviewing this book for BookSneeze:

Initially, I wasn't sure that this book would be one that would hold my interest as the author is a motivational speaker primarily to teen audiences. However, I have found this book to be delightfully funny and sad all at the same time. Reggie Dabbs shares many stories of his past which I think will bring out many emotions in his readers. Causing them to go deep into their past in order to conquer their future!

Reggie was born to a young, unwed mother who asked the only friend she had in the world, her English teacher, to raise her baby. Reggie was eventually adopted by the English teacher and her husband. He never knew his birth mother. The circumstances of his birth were unsettling to him - but he turned around the negativity of his past.

His book is filled with stories of his life. Some very humorous, some sad, some bittersweet - but all with a lesson. He compels you to look beyond what is in your past (and yes, even your present) and use it, learn from it - in order to make the best of your future. The book is filled with faith - and its transforming power! He gives all the glory to God.

At the end of each chapter are questions which would be perfect to stimulate thought and discussion in a group setting.

Reggie Dabbs is a motivational speaker - primarily to teens. He speaks in schools throughout the country. One day, when our daughter is a teen, I would love her to hear him speak.

I would recommend this book!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I've seen him at some of the youth retreats with First Assembly. He's histerical

Pat said...

Oh I must have this. Is it available for Kindle? I love to get great book reviews like this.