background

Friday, April 15, 2011

The Bathroom Trash is Glowing...

Glowing?

What? I must be seeing things. For after all, it's 2 am and I'm walking around in a dazed stupor - coughing my lungs up - with a horrible cold which is trying its best to turn into bronchitis. ....the bathroom trash can't be glowing! I hadn't turned on the light because I didn't want to assault my eyes in the dark of night. And there was no mistaking the blue glow coming from the black trash bin. I must be dreaming. Either that or I've seen one too many reruns of Close Enounters of the Third Kind and my mind is playing tricks on me. Besides, I'm coughing so much that I'm seeing stars. Must be hallucinating.

I return to bed, only to awaken an hour later - still coughing. Retreating once again to the bathroom so as not to disturb Brillo Man, I see that the bathroom trash is still glowing. This can't be. I go back to the bedside to retrieve my eyeglasses. Yes - even in clear view - there is definitely a blueish glow. Very strange.

Nah! Impossible! I must be seeing things. Wait. What did I discard into that trash bin? I recall it being in the kitchen after Brillo Man emptied it...and I placed some items into it before carrying it into the bathroom....hmmmm? I can't remember. In the morning, I must look.

Morning breaks. The light of day. What is in the trash bin? Oh my gosh --it's a piece of twisted up butcher paper with a plastic bag wrapped inside that had held the contents of last night's dinner: big, thick filets of Orange Roughy.

I immediately went to Google. Aha - my suspicions confirmed. Orange Roughy is among the many species of bioluminescent fish. The fish oil remaining in the bag was glowing through the white butcher paper...a blue glow. I wonder if the remaining filets which are in the refrigerator are glowing even now. I'm thinking I may go carry them into a dark corner and see if they glow...

Mystery solved. Good thing. I would hate to think that we were breeding aliens in the bathroom trash.

4 comments:

Pat said...

I don't think I could have waited until morning...I'd been into that trash right away!
Next time I have Orange Roughy, I'm going to have to check and see if it glows. I'll let you know and we can confirm your discovery together. Pretty exciting, huh?
Praying your cough goes away and you feel better soon!

Becky said...

nice!! hahahaha. that's great! :):) Im with Pat, next time I get Orange Roughy... what a trip for the boys! Thanks!

Feel better.

Jada's Gigi said...

Very weird!!

Crown of Beauty said...

This is quite amazing, Deb... somewhat eerie... to think that the fish is dead, cooked, eaten and still the leftovers glow... what is in the oil that makes it glow, even through the wrapping... It's a wonder of nature, and only God can do something like that. I never even heard of Orange Roughy before.

Thanks for sharing this.

By the way... for your cough, just drink good old H20. Sharing with you a website that talks about water as a miracle cure. CLick on this link and get your healing.

http://www.watercure.com/

Love
Lidj