background

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Long-Awaited Vacation Photos - Part I

Okay --so I've been busy.

And no Char, we were not trapped in an underground tunnel at DisneyWorld.

Here are few of the many dozens of photos that were taken while on vacation: (More to follow in the days ahead...)


Olivia and Brillo Man
in the living room of our resort.
We were about to go hit Splash Lagoon,
one of the many dozens of pools
throughout the property.


Olivia chose to have an early birthday celebration dinner at The Rainforest Cafe. It's one of my favorite restaurants. It's as if you're in the middle of a rainforest while dining - complete with animals, thunderstorms and shooting stars above the canopy of trees. It's a really fun place to eat and I believe that there are several locations throughout the U.S. If you have the chance - go enjoy their Rasta Pasta or BBQ ribs. Oh...and for desert - you can't pass up the VOLCANO!!! Chocolate cake with ice cream, whipped cream and chocolate sauce, walnuts and caramel. Very Yummy! We sang Happy Birthday to Olivia and she blew out the candles. We all ate our fill and still had plenty left over to take home for dinner the next night!





Olivia chose a gift at The Rainforest Cafe's gift shop.
She named him "Stripey"



Starting the day at The Animal Kingdom...


...in our matching shirts!
Brillo Man has one too - but for some reason,
he's reluctant to wear his!
Although we did get him to wear it the day we flew home.
You should have seen the heads turning at the airport!

Olivia LOVED meeting the characters! Here she is with Donald:



This is probably one of my favorite photos from our trip - Miss O and Brillo Man posing outside The House of Blues:



Cooling off in the heat!



We had an incredible trip! ...very refreshing!


I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint.
-Jeremiah 31:25

7 comments:

Constance said...

Like I said on FB, What's up with his PENGUINS shirt? I need to get him some Dallas STARS stuff! We have a Rain Forest Cafe here in DFW. In fact one year, Charlie chose it for one of his activities on his "Hookey Day". We ate there and I remember how awestruck he was, especially over the monkeys! It looks like you had fun on your trip! That's what vacations are all about, building those family memories!
Connie

Pat said...

What great pictures! I love the one in front of the House of Blues too...classic!
Looks like your place was lovely...and I'm so glad you had this special family time together.
ps.
Brillo man - I don't blame you for not wanting to wear that shirt!

Deb said...

Connie...I was wondering when I read your comment on Facebook about the Penguins...since we are not hockey fans and Brillo Man doesn't own any Penquin's shirts...then I realized that it's a shirt from Youngstown State University where his daughter, Kelly attended school...

...no need to buy us any Dallas STARS stuff!

Pat!!! Come on!! It's a cool shirt!! I could buy one for you if you'd like! ;)

Trish said...

Loving the photo's...looks like a fun trip! Your room was beautiful, full of bright cheery colors...Uhm...but not as loud as your technicolor shirts!!! ;)

Char said...

GREAT pictures. It looks like a good time was had by all. I love those Art-Majory shirts! What a great way to turn 7!!! I know Miss O will never forget that trip!!

Mrs. Mac said...

Wow, I'm not sure if I could handle seeing three people in those shirts (lol) ... looks like an atom on the front :)

thanks for sharing the great pics of your trip to Disneyworld.

Constance said...

Okay Deb, tell your Hub he's off the hook! That's pretty funny! I know you're from PA so I naturally assumed he was a Pittsburgh Penguins fan! Ha Ha!
Connie