background

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Bluebird Bluebird at My Window...



This morning when I came home from work, all was quiet in the house except for this incessant "tap-tap-thumping" up against the living room windows. I looked over and saw a pair of bluebirds trying their hardest to get into the house! I don't know if perhaps they were after the Christmas tree or the strands of popcorn on the tree or what exactly. But for over an hour these two birds just kept flying into the window. Very bizarre! They typically don't nest in trees, so I don't know what about the Christmas tree enticed them so!

They certainly are beautiful birds....and now very tired birds from all their efforts!

Too bad they can't talk and tell me what they're after!












But ask the animals,
and they will teach you,
or the birds of the air,
and they will tell you...
-Job 12:7

7 comments:

Pat said...

They were probably trying to tell you it's time to take your tree down!!
They are so pretty, I would have sat there the entire hour watching them.

Trish said...

What an unexpected blessing you had this morning...Spring is here!

donna said...

oh my Deb....they are beautiful....

blessings
donna

Constance said...

They are heralding the arrival of Spring! My bird feeders are full of activity right now and they are such noisy little fellows!
Connie

Anonymous said...

Well I guess its just like when they come to the feeders and dont stop in time and end up slaming into the window. Thats another common occurance as well.

Margie said...

what a blessing! They are SOOO cute!!

Anonymous said...

Could it be they were trying to tell you they needed the feeder filled? I wonder.