background

Monday, November 24, 2008

Days off....

Tonight I go back in to work --day number six of ten hour shifts. I am SO READY to be off for two days. Then back for one more ten hour midnight shift on Thanksgiving night...then off for FIVE GLORIOUS DAYS! Yahoo!

We'll be enjoying Thanksgiving dinner with my friend Dawna's family. Her daughter Mindie will be hosting at their home. On the menu: Turkey! I'm looking forward to spending time with them and their family and getting to know Dawna's mother, Beverly. I rarely have a chance to sit and chat with her. My guess is that she's an incredible woman, because she has produced an incredible daughter!

On Saturday, we hit the road and travel to my sister's in Ohio. Yahoo!!! Most of my family will be there to celebrate the holiday together. It's an annual get together for my family, which usually happens closer to Christmas but this year we've moved it closer to Thanksgiving with the hopes that we'd avoid bad weather. Mind you, two days ago, we were dumped on with 10+ inches of snow! Today it's been raining all day, so the 10+ inches of snow is now 3+ inches of slush which will probably freeze into 1+ inches of ice! That's usually how it goes. But, whatever the weather, our family always has a great time when we get together...and we always leave saying that we don't get together often enough...

In addition to celebrating the holiday together, my cousin's little girl, Makayla. will be turning five and we'll celebrate her birthday. On the menu: Ham and BIRTHDAY CAKE!

Then Sunday, it's off to Erie for two days. A friend at work walked in this morning and handed me an envelope with a gift certificate for an overnight stay and passes for four for two days to Splash Lagoon. She wasn't going to be able to use them before they expired and thought perhaps we'd enjoy some family time together. God is good! It would cost $300 if we were paying for the stay. But we only pay the tax --$20.23. I'll take it! An overnight stay at the adjoining Comfort Inn in a King Whirlpool Suite. One King-size bed, one-full size bed, a whirlpool tub, a refrigerator, microwave and big screen TV in our room. And we'll be "connected" to a HUGE water park with numerous restaurants and all kinds of fun things to do! Olivia has agreed to miss a classmate's birthday party at Chuck E. Cheeses because, "Mom! Splash Lagoon is WAAAYYYY better than Chuck E. Cheeses!!!"


I'm looking forward to all the fun times in the next week with friends and family. And I count myself super blessed. God has given me many gifts. None of which I deserve.

My prayer this Thanksgiving season is that we all truly look at our lives, and give thanks for the things that matter most. A relationship with Him - there's nothing that compares with knowing Jesus...

Be blessed today!!


I consider everything a loss
compared to the surpassing greatness
of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord.
-Philippians 3:8

No comments: