background

Thursday, June 21, 2007

my passion...

...is
my art

there are days i feel like my life
is passing by and i’m not doing what
i need to do

.art
.a part of me.
.which i can’t deny
.it’s who i am –and i’ve suppressed that part of me for so long there are moments when i think that part is lost forever.

Creating.
.yes, let’s get the doors
.and finish the ceiling
.so I can make the art
.and be who i am created
.to be


Then I was beside Him
as a master craftsman;
And I was daily His delight,
Rejoicing always before Him…
-Proverbs 8:30




regarding the above reference to the doors...
...we're converting one bay of our garage
into my art studio and planning to place
a whole bunch of old wooden doors on the ceiling.
.just because

3 comments:

Lori said...

I'm trying to picture old doors on the ceiling. Obviously the artistic talent in the family ended with you.

Sara said...

i love that idea! and your poem!!

Pat said...

One of the greatest joys is anticipating, and then doing that very thing that God so beautifully created in you, whether its cooking, singing, painting or whatever. You do all three, right?! Create away - and share your talent with us!
PLEASE post a picture of your door ceiling, I think it sounds so cool, I'd love to see it!