background

Friday, April 06, 2007

The Story of Easter

As I was sitting at the computer doing some work for my husband's business, I overheard Olivia playing and talking to her imaginary friend Dorothy in the living room.

"Dorothy, I wonder if this was the cross that they nailed Jesus on....and I think this must have been the stone that they used on the tomb."

I looked in to see her picking up and holding some things that I have sitting on a shelf.

"I'm glad they don't have to nail me to a cross. Jesus did it all for me."

...I sat here with tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat, so blessed that our four year old understands what Jesus did ---just for her. Just for each one of us.

May God bless this Easter season to each of us impressing on our hearts the amazing Passion of Jesus Christ. May this be the most real Easter season of our lives and the starting point to greater blessings and service for the God we love.

From us to you -- Happy Easter!

7 comments:

batgirl said...

Praise the Lord. I know that feeling. What more could a mommy want?

Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

What a precious little one. As I said in my blog the other day, Jesus said, suffer not the little children to come unto me.

This is a very special Easter because God has allowed me to live to see it! He is so very gracious and I am so thankful!

Happy Easter to you and yours!

Pat said...

I can get silly with the best of them over Easter eggs and candy, but my heart of hearts never ever forgets the real story of Easter, how Jesus shed his blood, like Olivia said - "just for me."
May you and your sweet family be blessed this Easter - my love to all of you!

Margie said...

she is brilliant, thanks for sharing.

Happy Easter!!

Jada's Gigi said...

HE lives!

KayMac said...

Awesome! Happy Easter!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome. What a beautiful girl. David just mentioned Olivia yesterday. We'll have to come back up and visit!