background

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Half Full?


My dear husband has been working on this one mortgage deal (he's a broker) for quite some time.

Today, he found out that there is only one remaining option to get the deal done.

I'm thinking of all the failed attempts...and moaning because there's only one last option and thinking that it's probably not going to work and then where are we getting the money for the bills...yada yada blah blah blah.

No deal = no commission = no money.

Randy, on the other hand is still full of enthusiasm --"That's okay --I can get it done this way --this will still work...etc."

This is one of the reasons I fell in love with him. He rarely gets discouraged and rarely gives up. He always sees the proverbial glass as half full and I always see it as half empty (when it pertains to me). Amazingly, I can counsel anyone under the sun and encourage them to see the glass as half full! I just can't seem to apply that principle to my life. Why am I so pessimistic?

How do you see the glass?

4 comments:

Pat said...

If I'm look at your glass its half full. If I'm looking at mine, most of the time its half empty. I hate that don't you? It can't be pleasing to God that we can't even have the faith it takes to see things in a positive way. Shall we bow our heads and start praying...I think so. Bless you sista.

Tonya said...

I am a glass half empty type of person, depending on the situation. I vary.. But I would say 75% of the time, I am half empty..Praying for you husbands deal.

donna said...

i vary on the situation also...but on this particular night i feel it is half full since i found you again...my blog addy channged annd so has much in my lifee...but God is restoring and teaching me daily....stop by and visit when you can....

blessings,
donna

Margie said...

I totally understand. I have a bumper sticker on my car that says 'hopeful cynic'. I know that God will take care of everything, but for some reason, I always can picture what could go wrong...

Praying for all of you!