background

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Too Busy Building


Olivia commented that she had asked Jesus to make her sore toe feel all better, but it was still sore. She said, "Mommy, I don't think Jesus is listening to me." I reminded her that He always listens to us but perhaps sometimes He answers us in a slightly different way than we expect. Her reply, "Well, I think He's too busy building my house in heaven and He just doesn't have time to pay attention to me." The next words out of her mouth... "Dear Jesus, Thank You for the beautiful day and all the sunshine and the birds and the rain for the trees. I think when you take a break from building my house, then you can make my toe feel all better. In Jesus' Name, Amen!"

....out of the mouths of babes....

3 comments:

Pat said...

I love Olivia, and I don't even know her. How did she get so wise? Must be good parenting! I really can't think of anything to comment that's more profound then what she said ....truly, out of the mouths of babes.
I'm glad to hear your feeling better, I kept checking back to see how everything was going. Actually, I had a restless day, my heart kept telling me to mention your name to the Lord, but I think He already had it under control! That's ok, if I pray for you, I am also blessed. I love the way God works!

Pat said...

hey, is that a picture of Olivia?

Ileana said...

What a sweet heart!! Olivia is precious. Aren't kids awesome???