background

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

where does the time go?

It's been over a week since I've posted on this blog...how did that happen?

I guess I haven't had anything profound to say ---not that anything I've said in the past has been profound.

I did do something this past weekend which was life-changing for me. A church in a nearby town was hosting a prayer and worship weekend. It was called "Ascribing Unto God". I felt the Lord's presence the moment I stepped into the room. There in the midst of beautiful praise and worship music - worshippers took turns going to different worship stations that were set up throughout the room. Every hour the shofar was blown, calling us to prayer and worship. We were encouraged to move around as we felt led... walk around as we prayed... wave flags... bow... kneel... lay prostrate... dance unto the Lord. We could visit each worship station and stay as long as we wished or go back as many times as we liked.

The whole experience was a journey through life with Jesus and was so awesome. Every time we, as Christians, make a concentrated effort to spend time with the Lord - to sit as His feet - to worship Him without distraction --it's life-changing. He meets us there in that place. He speaks to us, directs us, reminds us of how much He loves us.

I wish I could bring this worship experience to everyone who reads this blog entry. May I just encourage you today to make an extra effort to spend time with your Savior. He longs for your company --and you will come away feeling renewed and refreshed.

1 comment:

Marla Bean said...

Hey Deb. Sometimes there is a no-blog, blog. It's nice to know you're posting. I am going to add you to my blog roll!