background

Friday, October 14, 2005

what a workout!

Okay ---the new recumbent bike arrived yesterday. Last night, Randy dragged it in the house (the box was over 150 pounds) and proceeded to unpack it. Halfway through his task he received a phone call and had to abandon the project. By the time he was through talking with his client, he had lost the motivation to finish unpacking the box. At this point, I'm wondering if this box was going to sit unpacked - much like the palmetto bug sat on the kitchen floor for days....(refer to previous post)....anyway, today, I decided that I was going to unpack and assemble this bike. THREE HOURS later, with sweat pouring off my head, I finally finished the project. At this point I had decided that I probably could count that as my workout and forego actually RIDING the bike today....but I was anxious to try it out. I read the directions regarding how to program my workout and I began. Well....20 minutes and 2.5 miles later, I was done! I was going up hills that I didn't know I could climb! Of course, they're all imaginary. The tension on the bike would increase or decrease based on my target heart rate - which I had programmed previously. However, I neglected to account for the fact that my high PB medication causes my heart to beat slower. Therefore --my target rate should be lower than the normal person. At the end of this workout, I was DRIPPING sweat off my head - into my eyes (I hate when that happens --note: wear a headband next time...). I was feeling slightly nauseated and COMPLETELY out of shape! BUT - I accomplished something - so I'm feeling good about that. Now, if I can just resist the temptation to go eat everything in sight. Exercise always causes me to feel famished! Okay...yeah me! I will keep you posted on the progress.

No comments: