background

Thursday, September 01, 2005

A Mindset of Faith

something I read today from Give Me 40 Days by Freeda Bowers: (my paraphrased version):

Embrace a mindset of faith. Webster's Dictionary defines a mindset as a fixed mental attitude formed by experience or education. I fixed my mind, not on my faith, but on the God of my faith.

Faith will be the key to opening the door to your first 40 days with God, and faith is an essential and vital tool in successfully submitting 40 days to the Lord. What is faith? Faith is much more than what you believe about God. Faith is trusting Him fully. Faith is placing your confidence in His voice even when you don't know what to do or where to turn. Faith is standing firm on His Word in the midst of every difficulty.

A.W. Tozer said that even though the Bible is clear about the importance of faith, outside of a brief fourteen-word definition in Hebrews 11:1, nowhere does the Bible give us a definition of faith, but it does give us numerous examples of people exercising faith without question.

Many have received powerful personal revelations on faith. One of my favorites came from Oral Roberts who once said that faith is the power to believe what is right. I decided that I would rather exercise faith than know the definition of it, and I embraced the power to believe what was right. In doing that, I put on a mindset of faith. My entire being was focused on God. When you focus on God, you come to trust Him. When you trust Him, you unconditionally believe that He can do the impossible for you. Such faith builds hope and confidence, both in God and in what He will do in and through you.

No comments: